I have nothing to say. My jaw is on the ground.
Just watch and see for yourself.
I have nothing to say. My jaw is on the ground.
Just watch and see for yourself.
Last night at the Gahhhhden:
Thanks to my AMAZINGLY AWESOME cousin, we had 2 tickets to the game. 5th row (maybe 6th row). And I got to witness my boys win 5-3. I’m now 2-0 when it comes to going to Pens games…..not that I’m saying I’m their good luck charm or anything….. ;)
Few things to recap
1. Tanger and Flower flirted with each other the entire night. Laughing like little girls and whispering things in each others ears while sitting on the bench. I’d like to think they were talking about me…but I’d be lying. It was probably along the lines of “Wanna braid each other’s hair later and watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s?!”
2. Sidney Crosby scored a goal (make that 2).
And instantly I get a text from S talking about how I’m no longer a Crosby Goal Virgin …. nice S, real nice. (She’s so right though– I had never seen Crosby score in person. It was as glorious as I imagined it would be. Suck it, Crosby haters.)
3. James Neal + Andrew Ference = FIGHTTTTTT!
Once again, S sent me a text. “Did you just get pregnant? Because I think I did…” I basically had front row seats to one of the BEST things I’ve ever seen at ANY hockey game. James Neal. Fighting. Right in front of me. *swoon* And if I wasn’t busy drooling, I would have grabbed video. But I was trying to restrain myself from jumping over the glass and bashing Ference’s face in for picking on my boy.
The entire game James just got under every B’s players’ skin. You know how he’s the ” little brother we all love” to the Pens? Well, he’s the “little pain in the a$$ that we all hate” to the Bruins.
4. Joe Vitale took a puck to the face. And to make matters worse — it came from Zdeno Chara…which ends well for NO ONE. But, like the amazing man he is, Big Z was the first to the scene of the accident making sure Joey was alright.
5. Johnny Boychuk had a knee on knee collison with Arron Asham and went down faster than a sinking ship. He had to be carried off the ice by his players. Poor guy. But it leaves me with this question: “Does Asham have a knee made of steel?”
Good luck, Johnny. Hope it’s nothing too serious. To make Bruins fans feel better — I hear he walked out of the arena without crutches last night. One can hope that’s a good sign.
Anyway, few other small things. I feel the need to defend the 2 people I heard getting bashed the most last night (besides Crosby).
6. Jordan Staal is hated in Boston. Or maybe it was just my section of people. Thankfully, S wasn’t around. If she was, the bail money she set aside for me would have been used on her instead. An old woman behind me said “Someone just needs to end him for the night.” UMM — HOW RUDE!
7. Also, no one likes Kris Letang either. Look, just because he’s an AWESOME actor and can fake an injury to get a penalty called — doesn’t mean he’s the worst player in the league. That only just means the Ref’s are suckers.
Welp, that’s my 2 minute break down of the madness that occurred last night. I can’t wait till next October until S & I are reunited in the ‘Burgh for a couple games.
In exactly 5 days, I’ll be at the TD Garden watching the Bruins play my beloved Penguins — all because I have an AWESOME cousin. Free. 5th Row. Bruins. Pens. How the heck could I possibly turn that down?!
I was super excited for this about a week ago. But then this happened…
Tuesday night won’t be ANY fun if my boy isn’t playing.
You have exactly 5 days to get you’re beautiful body back on that ice. Don’t make me have my dad drag you to Boston himself. I already have him on the lookout for you while he spends this week in Pittsburgh without me!
Your Future Wife
He just can’t catch a break this season. I feel like I’ve executed at least 4 prayer circles — maybe more — over the past 70 somethin’ games. Enough is enough. It may be time to pull out the bubble wrap for realz.
Ok, I’m back. And I’m exaggerating. This game will probably be the best game I’ve ever been too — besides the game S & I went to last year in da ‘Burgh.
The game is being broadcasted on NBCSports on Tuesday night. My cousin will be there next to me with an “I’m With Stupid” sign pointed right at me. If you find us, let me know. We’ll be the girls trying to scale the glass.
Can you believe it!? We’re back on the CrosbyWatch train.
Annnnnnnnnnnnd cue Hockey’s Finest Office dance party. I’ll bring the chips & dip.
So much for a productive day at work. Geez. One thing happens & all of a sudden my focus is completely gone. But for good reason!
This news has EVERYONE excited.
Hugs and kisses for everyone today.
As for the rumor that he could come back as early as Sunday– I pray not. Sunday, the Bruins play the Pens. And if you all remember what happened last time they played each other……..
Yeah. I’d just rather him stay off the ice for that game.
Congrats Sid! Glad you’re making progress. We’ve missed your beautiful face.
And in other news:
That’s a good sign, right?! I keep having to remind myself to breathe in & out. I’m waiting to hear the diagnosis. If it says “concussion” … I’ll go into depression. Someone needs to wrap all these boys in bubble wrap. I’m not playin’ around. Line ‘em up. BUBBLE WRAP FOR EVERYONE.
But, Kris has some help on his side:
Good lookin’ out, Sid! Someone’s gotta take care of my man while I’m away.
PS – S & I have cleared our calendars for Nealer’s appearance on NHL36 tomorrow. I pray they show us something we don’t already know. But even if they don’t…it’ll still be the best half hour of television. EVER.
This happened the other night. One of my favorite events that the Penguins Organization puts on every season. Skates & Plates. Where the boys trade in their skates for a night and wine & dine their most loyal fans.
I’d like to think our invitations were lost in the mail…
JStaal. I don’t know where to begin. Either cut your hair or wear a hat. This awkward length is doing nothing for me. I would say what I think you look like but…that would put me in the dog house with my best friend. So instead, I’ll just say that you look like a little boy. (Cue angry text from S in 3…..2……1…..)
Nealer. Oh Nealer. I can’t wait to watch the next episode of NHL36. 36 hours of you is like 36 hours of heaven. I’m so love sick it’s pathetic.
How handsome are these boys in their tuxes?! I mean, really?! Could you all be anymore perfect? Red definitely works for all of you. I approve.
They could serve me wine all day long and I would be the happiest girl in the world.
Oh and this also happened. I’m not quite sure how to react…
Tanger with a ponytail…hmmm…
Beard…I can dig it. The ponytail…meh…I could do without.
Just let it flow, babe. Just let it flow.
Just a little something for you guys. Actually, more for me…but…whatever.
Tanger work out vids surface…again.
Seriously, I’m about as fed up as my “husband” is.
As we speak, I’m in the Hockey’s Finest Lab trying to come up with a way to put a force field around Kris. Anyone who goes near him will be launched out of the arena. I’m way past be nice. It’s personal now.
Why you ask?
Well, because I’m getting sick of seeing this:
Please–just don’t touch him anymore. We all know he wants to be a model after his career in the NHL–he cant do that with a shattered nose! I beg you guys. Just leave him alone. At least for a little while.
In other news…this whole Flower/Tanger Bromance is going to be the death of me. Seriously, it’s like my kryptonite.
I realize now that picking last week as my week long “computer break” was probably a poor decision. So much happened. And I learned a lot.
I can’t cover it all…but lets do a little recap.
1. PKane makes a sexy Superman. I’d put myself in danger if I knew he’d come save me. **HINT HINT– I’m talking to you Patrick.**
2. Stammer is a beauty. I bet he practices this every day.
3. Kris Letang looks adorable even when sneezing. (Or “snotty” as S says)
To give you a little back story if you haven’t seen it: Neal is doing an interview and around the 0:20 mark Kris bolts into the background–sneezes–and then proceeds to yell “I DON’T KNOW WHERE MY PHONE IS”. Not quite sure why I laughed so hard. But I did. So if you want to laugh with me (or judge me, you choose) go ahead and watch it here.
4. Giroux is continuing to grow on me…and I don’t know how to handle it.
What is it about a player taping their stick?? I think it’s the look of concentration on their faces…
5. Team Alfredsson should win the “Best Hockey Flow” Award. Henrik Lundqvist. Kris Letang. Scotty Hartnell. Stammer (even though his flow sucks). Karlsson. Just to name a few.
6. NBC FAIL! Can you find the mistake?
7. S & I have found ourselves admitting to new loves…
We wont say who likes who….just for our safety.
8. Chara & Segs look SO ADORABLE when hugging it out.
9. Hockey Players can be Fan Girls too. I no longer feel bad for blatantly pointing a camera at their faces, since they don’t mind doing it to other people. Circle of Life, I guess?
10. Drake looks AH-MAZING in a hockey sweater.
Also, check out this adorable video of Drake visiting the locker rooms before the performance. He calls Chara “Big Dog” — I knew I liked him. Watch here.
So, I think I covered all the major points. Who’s ready to start off the second half of the season?! I AM! Pens come to Boston this weekend. Guess who’s NOT going….. –>this girl<– Guess who’s SUPER upset about it…… –>this girl<–
in celebration of her husband being added to the All-Star game roster.
Eberle, Johnson, and Letang have been added to the roster, and of course this would change my previous post about the hotties who made the cut- because Letang is fully deserving.
That wild fan in the back really does a nice job capturing the emotion of L when this announcement was made.
And a little bit of this, too…
- Anyone else as excited
or equally disappointed about these changes as L is? I am just happy to see another guy cleared to play. Being added to this list is certainly a bonus. D
So I saw that this morning while I was at work– which made my whole day much better. THEN…I’m snuggled up in a zillion blankets watching Jersey Shore and this shows up:
I can’t even begin to share what’s going through my mind right now. So many emotions. November 26th. That was the last game I saw my boy play in — thanks to Max Pacioretty (you’re still dead to me).
Kris is my drug of choice. And it’s been nearly 2 months since my last dose. Talk about wicked withdrawls.
I need some of this. And I need it now.
I’m already planning the Hockey’s Finest Dance Party for the day Tanger straps on his skates for a game. Inquire within for invitations. My jersey is drying right now in preparation for his return.
And when he does glide onto the ice…
Let’s all send hug, kisses, and good vibes his way. The Pens need him.