I’ll drink to that! And by drink I mean a big fat French vanilla cappuccino from Tim Horton’s in honor of the 2012 Tim Horton’s All-Star Game! BAM! We are definitely deprived of this liquid gold in the Boston area. If you find yourself in the vicinity of one of these coffee
shops, GO IN! You won’t be disappointed.
In honor of this glorious event, I have decided to create my own line of “All-Stars.” Let’s face it. These players who made the cut did so because they are the best of the best. We all have our favorites or think someone should have made it over someone who did. (I will bite my tongue here- I feel very strongly that a few of these people aren’t entirely deserving but when I signed on to this gig L made me promise I wouldn’t bash.) My All-Stars look just as good on the ice as they would featured in a calendar. Let me know if you agree with me or who you would replace on my line.
My Offensive Line:
1. Tyler Seguin: There is no better player to fill this number one spot. I think he is one of the most adorable players. Not the most masculine choice of adjectives but he is literally a child. I hope his pretty little face, and perfect teeth stay just the way they are because some of these vets have some frightening looking scars. Although when placed carefully can actually be kind of sexy. To add to this perfect little package, Ty Ty even has a Stanley Cup RING!
2. Jonathan Toews: This should make my fellow bloggers happy. I know you ladies like his drool-worthy-self. His abdominal region is godly.
3. Patrick Kane: I hear he is a real tool, but as far as looks, he makes the cut. We are not judging date-ability here, just hotness factor, and I think he has it. He even looks like a stallion in his mug-shot… can’t hate that! Sorry for PARTY ROCKIN!
I understand my offensive line doesn’t make a lot of sense together on the ice, but good God would they make a handsome boy-band. Step aside Jo-Bros!
My Defensive Line:
4. Ryan Suter: Aside from those mysterious eyes, he was a 1st rounder- which adds a tad of sex appeal. He is also a dog-lover, represented Team USA in the Olympics and SUPPORTS OUR TROOPS! Enough said.
5. Dan Girardi: Best baby blues in the league, hands down. And I will make no apology for the scar across his nose, it adds character to his meticulously chiseled face, it makes him more human and less statuesque- if that is even possible.
Between the pipes, not really having many options to choose from, I will go with Carey Price. A solid rival of my home-town team but he is cute. Goal-tenders wear so much equipment that you can barely tell who they are anyway. And from what I hear our beloved net-minders are a little “different” if you will… but that might be what you are in to. I don’t judge.
Who knew something so cute was hiding under that mask.
What do you guys think- pretty handsome line-up, eh??
As the “resident hockey wife,” as L and S have so graciously named me, I am really looking forward to the All-Star break. For those of you who don’t know- aside from a showdown of the best of the best, it is four days uninterrupted in any way shape or form for the rest of the players and their families. Don’t get me wrong I love the sport and everything that comes along with it… even this crazy lifestyle. I spend a good chunk of my free time in planes, trains, and automobiles getting to the hockey rink to support my main man and his team for the love of the game. But sometimes a break is nice! I will be watching the game complete with original color-commentary about each player by my fiancé. It is a really educational experience where I get a lot of my insider information. This experience goes quite nicely with a bottle of Pinot. CHEERS! – D